If you are a yoga lover looking to rejuvenate your spirit, re-energize your body and detach yourself from your day-to-day stressors, join me for a retreat of self-discovery in the sacred heart of Sayulita, Mexico.
FEBRUARY 17th to 24th, 2018
Beat the winter blues with 7 nights of pure bliss, fun and adventure as you relax and rejuvenate with this Yoga immersion in a gorgeous beach setting on the Riviera Nayarit.
This retreat is just what you have been looking for if you want to rejuvenate, slow down, heal your body and soothe your soul.
Together, we will co-create a sacred space of healing, a space that will encourage you to:
- Move and breathe consciously to cultivate deep presence and self-awareness
- Honour your journey as a human being and without judgement.
- Love yourself and all your imperfections
- Express yourself truthfully
- Live authentically
- Live wildly and with a full open heart
Sayulita is our destination! It’s a small but vibrant town — a hidden gem with picturesque beaches, charming restaurants, amazing food, shopping, dancing, surfing, amazing and warm generous people. It’s one of my most popular retreats and with the beauty of Sayulita, it’s guaranteed to be an experience of a lifetime.
SACRED YOGA THEMES TO EXPECT
This year’s focus is Journey Into the Sacred where we will explore the tapestry and tradition of Yoga through the insightful and transformational practices of asana, breath work, meditation and more.
Our practices will include yoga asana, pranayama, Qi Gong, tantra, meditation and ceremony. Practices will be adapted for every body and every level.
By the end of this retreat, you will:
- Take your yoga practice to the next level
- Deepen your experience in breath work, asana, meditation and philosophy
- Have a calmer and deeper awareness of your mental state
- Feel stronger inside and out
- Gain new friends who will inspire and enrich your life through the memories you’ve made together
- Feel more in control and connected with yourself
- Feel restored, nourished, rejuvenated and at peace with your whole being
- Achieve a deeper appreciate of the value of dedicated time with yourself
- Probably finish the book you’ve never seemed to have the time to read
- Get a warm glow (or even a tan!) and learn something new from the locals that you can bring home to share
- Have many wonderful memories to laugh about, reminisce and share several months after the retreat
A Typical Day At This Yoga Retreat
Get comfortable, close your eyes and imagine doing this every day for 7 days – waking up slowly, comfortable, carefree and peacefully.
Envision waking up slowly, comfortable and carefree, the sun shining happily into your cozy and authentic digs. You put your favourite yoga pants on and step out into a paradise-like setting, with nature and wildlife surrounding you and a light breeze coming off the ocean, only minutes from your doorstep.
You then walk a short distance to an energizing yoga class that focuses on pranayama (breath work), flowing standing sequences, and core strengthening. Afterwards, feeling rejuvenated and strong, you sit down with your new found friends (or old friends in some cases) to enjoy a healthy, colourful and gourmet Mexican brunch.
As the day continues, the hardest decision you will have to make is whether you want to relax at the beach or pool, go surfing, snorkelling, sea kayaking, whale watching, explore the surrounding jungle, enjoy a fabulous massage or take a siesta.
Later on, after some fun in the surf and sun, you will slip back into those yoga pants for another yoga class that is deeply restorative. Once we are finished, you will look forward to a night out in the gorgeous town of Sayulita, where you will meet the lovely locals, eat incredibly delicious food, and make many memories.
After the sun goes down and you back in your warm bed reflecting on your day, you drift off to sleep effortlessly, knowing that tomorrow brings you nothing but peace and tranquility.
Often called the ‘crown-jewel of the Riviera Nayarit, sunny Sayulita is home to beautiful beaches, Mexican culture, world-class activities and more.
A charming fishing village, Sayulita has picturesque beaches, charming restaurants and great food. Unlike some other Mexican towns, tourists mingle with locals in a relaxed atmosphere, without the hustle and bustle of major touristy resorts.
Sayulita offers a variety of activities such as horseback riding, hiking, jungle canopy tours, snorkelling, fishing and of course surfing! Sayulita is widely known to surfers around the world, and there will be an opportunity to take some surfing lessons during your afternoons or day off. This is often one of the highlights of the retreat!
As the Lonely Planet guide says, “if you want a beach town getaway where you can abandon the car and truly chill out, Sayulita qualifies”!
This is my sixth year returning to the charming Hotelito Los Sueños, or Little Hotel of Dreams. It is truly a place to relax and enjoy the beautiful tropical seaside village of Sayulita. Located about a 10 minute walk from the village centre, Los Sueños is tucked away in a quiet part of town and is just one minute from the beach.
There are a variety of different rooms that are all tastefully decorated in a traditional Mexican style with ceramic tile floors. There is now a new addition to the hotel with beautiful bright suites. Los Sueños is also committed to being green – where 40% of electricity comes from solar panels, all organic kitchen waste is composted, only biodegradable cleaning products are used and a minimizing of laundry and plastics.
The hotel also has boogie boards, bicycles and beach towels for use by all guests.
The staff at Hotelito Los Sueños are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. This is one of the main reasons I return year after year! Ready to help you with any need, the Hotelito team do everything possible to make your stay extra special.
There are 2 yoga studios that are beautiful, open-aired spaces with natural rubber floors. The owner of the hotel is also a yoga practitioner and wanted to share his joy of practicing yoga in a tropical environment. The studio was designed and built with great care and attention for the yoga practitioner.
You can also check out their website for more images of their beautiful rooms and everything else that they have to offer.
NEW this year – you will be able to specifically choose the type of room you would like!
Mexican cuisine is known around the world for its outstanding flavour, creativity and variety. There is an incredible abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood and more. You will eat well in Mexico, I guarantee! The only challenge will be to sample so many wonderful dishes.
Dietary restrictions such as gluten and dairy free are very easy to accommodate if needed.
- 7 Days of total relaxation in a gorgeous room of choice at the Hotelito Los Suenos
- 2 (almost) daily yoga classes in a beautiful practice place
- Fresh, light and healthy gourmet Mexican brunches after every morning practice
- A private Homeopathic consultation with me
- A day off to go snorkeling, whale watching, Hiking, Beach Lounging or whatever your heart desires
- A 1-Hour Heavenly Massage
- A chance to enjoy a private cooking class with a master chef
- Celebration dinner & Party on our last day to commemorate the joy-filled experience you shared with your fellow yogis.
- Transfers to and from the airport
What’s not included:
- Additional Excursions
- Dinners on night outs (4)
- Transportation outside of designated shuttle times
Note: Don’t worry, you’ll be given plenty of recommendations and direction to the best local destinations and mouth-watering eateries.
EARY BIRD EXTENDED!! November 15th Now 1 December 2017
SHARED ROOM (with 2 people)
- Premium/Premium Plus $1,950
- Superior $2,025
- Superior Plus $2,100
- New Suites $2,175
- Villas (2 bedrooms, 3 people) $2,050
after November 15th December 1st: all prices go up $350
note: eligible* Canadians – until December 1st, 2017 I will value the Canadian dollar at par! And NO GST!
I know budgets can sometimes be tight, but I don’t want this to stand in your way. If you’re really committed to being a part of the retreat, but just can’t quite afford it, I do have a limited number of scholarships available. To apply for a scholarship, just send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me a little bit about your situation.
Cancellation & Payment Policy
It is your responsibility to read and understand my cancellation policy. No one books a retreat with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur and we encourage you to purchase travel / cancellation insurance to cover any unfortunate eventualities. Please note that because this retreat has limited numbers, it allows for a more personable, intimate experience, our non refundable cancellation policy is in place to ensure the highest quality of service and experience for all. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds for arriving late or leaving early are available. Deposits are non-refundable. Although 50% of deposit can be applied to another retreat with Carla within a calendar year. The final payment must be made 45 days before the retreat which begins 17 February. If you sign up for the retreat within 60 days of the retreat starting full payment is required as soon as possible to secure you place. Contact me for any further inquires about my policy.
* To be eligible for the discount, you must be a Canadian resident.
Who Should Attend This Yoga Retreat?
All levels of Yogis are welcome! Everyone moves at their own pace and I will ensure everybody is accommodated. There are no expectations during this yoga retreat; do as much or as little as you want. This is YOUR retreat!
- learn and take my yoga practice to the next level
- laugh, connect and experience like-minded people
- live with wholehearted abandon
I want to:
- nourish, relax, and rejuvenate my whole being
- bask in Mexican sun, surf, sand and food
- break and unplug from the busy-ness of life
I am worth it!
I have also put together a full brochure of the Yoga Retreat in Sayulita, Mexico for you to read for more information.