On Monday I received the heartbreaking news that a good friend of mine suddenly fell very ill and is in the ICU. The unexpectedness of her illness has hit me quite hard and I’ve been experiencing many waves of sadness over the past couple of days.
I’ve also felt called to drop deeply into my body to feel and experience her in her aliveness. To pause and just let myself feel everything – the emotions and the sensations that become available in a moment of presence. As is said, life is indeed precious. Pausing, sensing and just being makes me feel more connected to my dear friend.
It is easy to take life for granted. I do it all the time – life is happening, often like a whirlwind and rarely slows down. And it is often only when there is some terrible misfortune that we briefly acknowledge how fragile life is.
I invite you today to drop in and appreciate your life, your body, your capacity to have a human experience simply because you are a miracle and are worth honouring.
- Sit in a quiet place where you feel comfortable and close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths, inhale through the nose and sigh out through the mouth. When you feel more relaxed and settled, come to breathing in and out through the nose.
- Notice now, how you are feeling…. how you are doing right now in this moment.
- How does your body feel? Scan your body for a moment now, starting at your feet, simply noticing how your body is feeling. Continue scanning your body, moving upward until you reach the crown of the head.
- Visualize that your crown is opening and above you is a beautiful column of light. Receive this light in your body from the crown. This light is filled with the luminous qualities of appreciation, gratitude and honouring.
- Let this light, like liquid honey, pour into you – filling every part of you from the head all the way to the feet. Notice what this feels like. Create even more potency by using conscious breath to activate the healing qualities of this light.
- When you are full take your hands to your crown and stroke/touch the entire body as a blessing. Enjoy.
- Finish with a few deep breaths and when you are ready, open your eyes.
If you enjoyed this meditation, why not call a friend and offer to guide them through experience this as a gift of recognition for their presence in your life. If you do, I’d love to know how it was received. Just hit reply to this email so we can connect.