Yoga & Spirit Retreat
FEBRUARY 22-29, 2020 | VILLA ANANDA, PUNTA DE MITA * MEXICO
Just 2 spots left!!
Are you a yoga lover looking to rejuvenate your spirit and re-energize your body?
Are you ready to experience healing, expansion and cultivation of your life force?
Do you want to be more authentic, transparent and real?
Are you called towards deeper connection and compassion with yourself and others?
Then join Carla and an amazing group of like minded adventurers for a 7 day YOGA & SPIRIT RETREAT February 22 – 29, 2020 at the stunning Ayurvedic spa Villa Ananda in gorgeous Punta de Mita, Mexico!
“I love Carla! I’ve been following her for over a decade because she continually and authentically loves me unconditionally and helps me to understand myself and grow to get the most out of life. She helps me let go of things that no longer serve me and allows me to feel so loved and appreciated. I am able to be myself and just feel and experience joy. That is what Carla does for me.”
A Week in Paradise!
Beat the winter blues with 7 nights of pure bliss, fun and adventure as you relax and rejuvenate with this yoga immersion in a gorgeous beach setting on the Riviera Nayarit.
Villa Ananda is our destination! This private villa is located on the beautiful Mexican Nayarit Riviera, just a short distance from the well-known surf destination Punta Mita, and the quaint village of Sayulita. In addition to our nourishing yoga practices, we will enjoy a Temezcal sweat lodge, swimming with the dolphins, a glorious massage, optional surfing, paddle boarding & Ayurvedic treatments, limitless fun and relaxation.
This retreat is just what you have been looking for if you want to rejuvenate, slow down, heal your body and soothe your soul.
- Together, we will co-create a sacred space of healing, a space that will encourage you to:
- Move and breathe consciously to cultivate deep presence and self-awareness
- Honour your journey as a human being and without judgement.
- Love yourself and all your imperfections
- Express yourself truthfully
- Live authentically
- Live wildly and with a full open heart
This is my 14th year returning to this area and my annual Mexico yoga retreat is always one of my most popular offerings and guaranteed to be an experience of a lifetime.
Let Me Tell You More
A TYPICAL DAY AT THIS RETREAT
Get comfortable, close your eyes and imagine doing this every day for 7 days…
Envision waking up slowly, comfortable and carefree, the sun shining happily into your cozy and gorgeous digs. You put your favourite yoga pants on and step out into a paradise-like setting, with nature and wildlife surrounding you and a light breeze coming off the ocean, right at your doorstep.
You start your day in silence and join the group for some meditation and pranayama (breath work). Then a light breakfast of fresh tropical fruit, yogurt, granola, cereal, tea and coffee with friends. Later in the morning you enjoy an energizing yoga class that focuses on pranayama (breath work), flowing standing sequences, and core strengthening. Afterwards, feeling rejuvenated and strong, you sit down with your new found friends (or old friends in some cases) to enjoy a specially prepared vegetarian Ayurveda lunch.
As the day continues, the hardest decision you will have to make is whether you want to relax at the beach or pool, go surfing, snorkelling, paddle boarding, whale watching, explore the surrounding area, enjoy a fabulous massage or take a siesta.
Later on, after some fun in the surf and sun, you will slip back into those yoga pants for another yoga class that is deeply restorative. Once we are finished, you enjoy another Ayurvedic meal in great company and possibly some meditation later on.
After the sun goes down and you back in your sumptuous bed reflecting on your day, you drift off to sleep effortlessly, knowing that tomorrow brings you nothing but peace and tranquility.
PUNTA DE MITA, MEXICO
Punta Mita is a fishing village and luxury resort on Mexico’s Pacific coast. A stunning, jungled mountainous peninsula tumbles into the sea on a small peninsula on Banderas Bay. Offshore are the biodiverse Marieta Islands, with wildlife such as humpback whales and blue-footed boobies. To the north is the laid-back surf village of Sayulita (which we will be visiting!).
The beaches that grace the coast from here to Nuevo Vallarta – part of a larger 150km stretch known as Riviera Nayarit – are some of the best on the central Pacific coast. The water is almost always clear and aquamarine, the sand is white and the surf can get fun too. Punta Mita is surrounded on three sides by nine and a half miles of Pacific Ocean beaches and coves including Litibu Bay.
Punta Mita is at the same latitude as the Hawaiian Islands. It is kept comfortable year round by gentle sea breezes, with average summer temperatures around 85 °F (29 °C), and 75 °F (24 °C) during winter months.
OUR RETREAT CENTER
Villa Ananda is both a sanctuary and a very energized space. The comment received by guests the moment they walk in is, “ah, it’s so peaceful here.” There is a seamless flow from inside to out; fountain, bridge and garden inside, palm studded patio, pool and ocean view from every space outside. Great attention is taken to detail in decor, caring for the grounds and likewise caring for our guests. An amazing team of workers care for us all.
We welcome you to the tranquil paradise of Villa Ananda for your Yoga Retreat. Our space is very distinct from most retreat centers. Being a private beach front Villa located in secluded neighbourhood of 35 homes, guests feel wrapped in the lush tropical arms of nature, cared for by the hands and hearts of conscious staff and therapists. The intimate yet spacious grounds allow guests to interact together and spend time alone as desired. The pictures don’t quite do the space justice. We constantly hear how guests are awe struck by the tranquil beauty and attention to detail all throughout. Come enjoy! ~ Mindy Reser, Owner of Villa Ananda
There are a number of gorgeous suites at Villa Ananda. Some are on the main floor, others on the rooftop. If you have a preferred room, I will do my best to accommodate your wishes.
- Chocolate Suite – 2 Double beds, private bath, patio, outdoor shower
- Pine Suite –2 Double beds, private bath, patio, outdoor shower
- Palma Suite – 2 Double beds, private bath, patio, outdoor shower
- Blue Suite – Queen bed, private bath, beach front patio
- Green Suite – 2 Queen Beds, private bath, beach front patio
- Ocean Blue Suite – One or Two twin beds, private bath, beach front
- Wood Suite – One or Two twin beds, private bath
You can also check out their website for more images of their beautiful rooms, grounds and everything else that they have to offer.
SACRED YOGA THEMES TO EXPECT
This year’s focus is Journey Into the Sacred where we will explore the tapestry and tradition of yoga through the insightful and transformational practices of asana, breath work, meditation and more.
Our practices will include yoga asana, pranayama, Qi Gong, tantra, meditation and ceremony. Practices will be adapted for every body and every level.
By the end of this retreat, you will:
- Take your yoga practice to the next level
- Deepen your experience in breath work, asana, meditation and philosophy
- Have a calmer and deeper awareness of your mental state
- Feel stronger inside and out
- Gain new friends who will inspire and enrich your life through the memories you’ve made together
- Feel more in control and connected with yourself
- Feel restored, nourished, rejuvenated and at peace with your whole being
- Achieve a deeper appreciate of the value of dedicated time with yourself
- Probably finish the book you’ve never seemed to have the time to read
- Get a warm glow (or even a tan!) and learn something new from the locals that you can bring home to share
- Have many wonderful memories to laugh about, reminisce and share several months after the retreat
I can’t rave enough about the food – every one of my guests was completely blown away by the quality, variety, healthfulness and taste of our meals. Villa Ananda offers exquisite gourmet vegetarian Ayurveda cuisine. Fresh Seafood and chicken are available upon request. Meals served buffet style and dining outside under poolside covered patio. Beer and Wine available upon request at additional cost.
We will enjoy 3 delicious meals per day:
- Breakfast is beautiful continental cuisine daily: fresh tropical fruit, yogurt, granola, cereal, tea, coffee, may include eggs
- Lunch is main meal of day with protein option
- Dinner is lighter fare to prepare the body for restful sleep
10 AYURVEDIC TIPS FROM VILLA ANANDA
Everyone who works at Villa Ananda has studied Panchakarma in India (the hardcore way), for years. They are die-hard and know their stuff inside and out. Here are a few of the principles they share with their guests:
- Ginger is a natural antibiotic. It also helps with digestion if you eat a few slices of fresh ginger about 10 minutes before your meal. This helps fuel the “fire” in your belly, which can then more easily digest your food.
- Don’t drink liquid during your meal, as it puts out the digestive “fire”.
- Some foods should not be mixed, as it’s harder to digest, such as sweet and savory, or raw and cooked. These should be eaten at least an hour apart.
- Everything in health begins with digestion.
- Cilantro will help with skin and acne, and natural chelation (ie. it pulls toxins and heavy metals from your body).
- Helichrysum is good for getting rid of scars. It’s a common medicine used in Mexico, and it’s effective.
- Turmeric pills will help with digestion and overall health.
- Drink a jug of water every day. Add some lemon to make it detoxifying. If you’re weaning yourself off of sugary drinks, you can sweeten it with honey or maple syrup.
- Rose Geranium balances hormones.
- When foods are as close to their state in nature as possible, that’s when they deliver the most potent nutrition.
WHAT’S INCLUDED DURING YOUR WEEK
- 8 Days/7 Nights of total relaxation in a gorgeous room at the spa Villa Ananda
- 2 daily yoga classes (except Weds) in a beautiful practice are overlooking the ocean
- 3 meals per day – vegetarian Ayurveda cuisine, fresh seafood and chicken are available upon request
- A private 30 minute consultation with me
- A day off mid week to go to Sayulita, whale watching, surfing, paddle boarding, beach lounging or whatever your heart desires
- A 1-Hour Heavenly Aromatherapy Massage
- Temazcal – a traditional Mayan sweat ceremony
- Celebration dinner & party on our last day to commemorate the joy-filled experience you shared with your fellow yogis
- Transfers to and from Puerto Vallarta airport at specified times
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Additional excursions
- Additional Spa treatments
- Meals while off site
- Gratuities ($50 USD is recommended for the housekeeping, and an additional 10-20% for treatments)
- Transportation outside of designated shuttle times
EXTRAS YOU MIGHT LOVE!
You may choose to enjoy some extra excursions and indulgences while on retreat. Here is a list of just some of what is possible during your week long get away:
- Whale Watching & Snorkeling at the Marieta Islands
- Surf and Stand Up Paddle Boarding (lessons available as are board rentals)
- Bird Watching
- Open water Dolphin free dive with local wildlife marine biologist
Villa Ananda is a renowned Ayurvedic Spa and has a number of incredible treatments available for guests. An aromatherapy massage is included in your retreat package, and you may also wish to book additional therapeutic treatments to make your week extra special. All prices are in USD and can be booked upon arrival. Services include:
Aromatherapy Massage Experience
Natural oils, flowers and plant essences specifically blended are applied using a variety of massage techniques to meet your body and energy needs. Relax tight tissues and muscles, improve circulation, increase lymph flow and remove toxins from the body while the mind is guided into a state of peace. 1h 20m $110
Pinda Flow Experience
Deeply penetrating muscles joints and tissues, this Ayurvedic delight is a must for You! The body is first prepared with a warm oil massage then Ayurvedic bolises are used to massage each area. Freshly made rice with herbal blend of chamomile, lavender, orange peal and rose petals is tied up in a cotton ball, soaked in oil and applied warm all around the body. Six bolises are used interchangeably loosening tight muscles, lubricating joints and over all creating a harmonious flow of energy in your body. 1h 20m $150
Yoga Breath Massage Experience
This extraordinary experience was created by an Indian woman who masterfully blended Yoga and Ayurveda Massage. It utilizes a conscious breathing technique to assist in opening tissues to allow for the release of tension and toxins and energy to flow. Administered on cushions on the floor, open yourself to receive a medley of massage strokes with powdered herbs and essential oil blend, foot and hand pressure and Yoga stretches. A must for Yogis! 1h 20m $150
Thai Yoga Experience
A deep therapeutic experience focusing on opening and promoting the flow of energy in the body meridians using a combination of Yoga stretches, joint mobilization and sports-style deep tissue massage techniques. With essential oils, foot, hand and face massage, it creates an beautiful essence of openness and revitalization. Administered on padded mats on the floor in loose clothing. 1h 20m $110
Deep Tissue Experience
Wow…the anatomical and physiological knowledge of Therapist along with the power and grace of his energy makes this Deep Tissue Experience unforgettable. This is Deep Tissue with another level of consciousness that penetrates physically and energetically the tight muscles of your body. Enjoy! 1h 20m $110
Ayurveda Lifestyle Consultation
A personal, informative and effective support program designed for your healing and health maintenance. A survey of health history, questionnaire and pulse reading is completed to access your metabolic body type and current imbalances. You will receive a holistic Health Plan including list of foods, herbs, essential oils and lifestyle recommendations to emphasize along with personalized herbal supplement blend. 60min $100
My goal is to offer you a luxurious yoga retreat at a reasonable cost. I offer two price points (early bird and standard) and I encourage you to take advantage of my early pricing discounts. In order to be eligible for any early pricing, the applicable full amount must be paid by the end of the special (i.e., Early Bird pricing must be paid in full by November 15th). All prices are in USD. I accept credit card and PayPal payments – for anyone paying with cash or by US Cheque or Money order, I will offer an additional 2% savings.
SUPER EARLY BIRD (until August 31st, 2019)
Single Room (FULL)
Shared Room ~ $2,850
EARLY BIRD (until November 15th, 2019)
Shared Room ~ $2,975
Single Room (FULL)
STANDARD (after November 15th, 2019) & PAYMENT PLAN
Shared Room (2 spaces available) ~ $3,225
Single Room (FULL)
Cancellation & Payment Policy
It is your responsibility to read and understand my cancellation policy. No one books a retreat with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur and we encourage you to purchase travel / cancellation insurance to cover any unfortunate eventualities. Please note that because this retreat has limited numbers, it allows for a more personable, intimate experience, our non refundable cancellation policy is in place to ensure the highest quality of service and experience for all. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds for arriving late or leaving early are available. Deposits are non-refundable. Although 50% of deposit can be applied to another retreat with Carla within a calendar year. The final payment must be made 45 days before the retreat which begins February 22, 2020. If you sign up for the retreat within 60 days of the retreat starting full payment is required as soon as possible to secure you place. Contact me for any further inquires about my policy.
““Amazing and life changing! The retreat far exceeded my expectations, Carla went above and beyond to make this more than a ‘retreat’. It was a unique, unforgettable life experience left with a sense of purpose and clarity for my day to day life and am making conscious choices to sustain the sense of peace, contentment and connection that I felt there.”
5 top reasons to not miss this retreat
Sign-up to receive exclusive access to Shakti rituals, moon ceremonies, and much more.
Add more support and love into your life by subscribing to Carla’s weekly insights. Each week, receive Shakti yoga practices and rituals, moon ceremonies, and encouragement to deepen in your Shakti energy. Join women from around the globe committed to self-care and women’s wisdom.