As we shift into this final stage of 2018, this is a perfect time to reflect on the past year’s triumphs and lessons, create sacred time to connect with family and friends, and begin envisioning your growth for the coming year.
This new moon in Sagittarius on Dec 7th is the optimal time to take advantage of this opportunity to dream big – with larger-than-life Jupiter ruling this lunation.
Like it’s archetypal symbol of the archer, allow yourself to be honest with yourself on what you’ve been truly wanting to experience, learn and receive and pull back your bow. Aim and release your arrow towards the nudges, inspirations, and hidden dreams still tugging at your soul.
AND there’s a call to deeper exploration… beyond just worldly things, what are the greater lessons, insights, and wisdom you’re wanting to embody. The archer is also half-man, half-animal – so this symbolism asks us to not only get clear on worldly desires but also spiritual ones.
Are you desiring:
- To feel more intimately connected to your sensuality, expression and body?
- To release inhibitions in speaking your soul’s truth and desires?
- To feel freer in how you live your life?
For the month of December, I invite you to join me in celebrating this past year’s successes, insights, and journey along with setting strong and clear visions for our 2019.
PART 1 ~ SHAKTI MANIFESTATION FLOW RITUAL: Celebration and Reflection
So often, we can be in a hurry to accomplish, create or move onto the next phase of our life – without honouring, celebrating, and reflecting on the current stage or process of our journey.
Where you are in your life, is the manifestation of many dreams and intentions you’ve held in the past?
Now is the time to honour this.
In this ritual, come to acknowledge and celebrate ALL of the growth and progress you’ve made emotionally, spiritually, and physically to get to this place, right now.
PREPARATIONS | PART 1
Set your sacred space and really allow for an hour or two. Make tea, light candles, and grab that box of tissues. This is a love ceremony by you and for you…honouring yourself from a space of full appreciation takes precious time.
Take some deep breaths, and really drop into your core, into your heart, and into your yoni and womb space.
Using the microcosmic orbit, cycle your breath up the front and back of the body and allow it to circulate through your being.
Coming into your heart space, really reflect on the journey you’ve been on over the past 13 moons (13 months):
- What major things have you experienced and grown from?
- What deep limiting beliefs and ideas did you release about who you are and your worthiness?
- What beautiful insights did you glean about the power and potency of yourself?
- What revelations did you experience about how life is here to support you and the power of community?
- What special messages and affirmations from Spirit have you appreciated?
These, my love, are to be expressed through your written word. Place these words and the paper it’s written on, on your sacred altar.
Watch my next email for the second PART TWO of this POWERFUL RITUAL, so you can start 2019 off with closure, celebration and aligned clarity.
love & pranams,
This past weekend was my annual September women’s retreat at Camp Friendship just outside Prince George. Nineteen powerful, inspiring and radiant women came together in nature to laugh, practice, breathe, dance, eat, meditate, ceremony, explore and connect deeply into the Divine Feminine. We kept our hearts soft and open, we honoured our bodies, we revered each women’s unique gifts, and held sacred the wisdom of each other and the great mother Earth.
I feel beyond blessed to be able to share sacred Shakti teachings within such an incredible community ~ I am so grateful for the power of sisterhood!
One of the many practices we explored was a very simple and divinely delicious self massage. The Ayurvedic system calls this Abyhanga. The first practice of the day, self massage is a devoted expression of self-love. It is also a way to detoxify the body’s largest organ (the skin), stimulate your body’s energetic channels so your energy flows freely, and revitalizes the mind preparing you for your day. And it feels amazing!
Here are the basics – remember to breathe deeply throughout:
- Begin at the head. Massage the scalp and do a little hair pulling to release the fascia around the skull and face
- Sweep your fingers across the face, from the midline outwards with your first 2 finger. Move from the hairline to the lower jaw
- Gentle rub the throat and hum a couple of times
- Massage the back of the neck, the shoulders and as far as you can reach on your upper back
- Knead the arms. Use softer circular motions at the elbows and wrists. Massage the entire hand right to the finger tip. Repeat on other side
- With flat palms, make circular motions across the front of the body including the breasts. Large clockwise circles around the abdominal area
- Rub the side ribs, waist and hips
- Rub the kidney area getting it nice and warm
- Make a loose fist and pound the buttocks and thighs, or rub briskly with your hand if you prefer
- Massage & knead the legs. Soft circular motions around the knees. Press into the back midline of the calves.
- Massage the feet – linger here, it feels so good! Lots of acupressure and reflexology points here. Repeat on other side
- When complete, shake out the hands, close your eyes and take several deep breaths savouring the experience and the feeling of energy running freely in your body.
To see how I do my morning self massage, check out this video.
Why not make this a part of your morning routine? Try it for a few days and send me a note to tell me about your experience and how this practice changes your day.
love & pranams,
PS. Would you like to join me on a 3 day women’s retreat outside of Prince George? 2019 dates are March 28-31, 2019 and Sept 12-15, 2019. Reserve your spot early, these retreats almost always sell out!
Today is National Indigenous People’s Day. As a white settler of European descent living with incredible gratitude in the beautiful traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation, I am making the following commitments:
- to better educate myself about the history, the legacy, and the generations of damage done by colonization and systemic racism to Indigenous peoples in this country
- to become more aware of and acknowledge my settler privilege in Canada and how this continues to affect Indigenous people in both large and small ways
- to be an ally and to wholeheartedly listen
- to follow the advice of National Chief Perry Bellegarde that every Canadian should “create space” for Indigenous Canadians by “opening their hearts, their minds and their spirits
- to use my platform as a teacher to promote healing, respect and connection
- to educate my children so they can do better than my generation
- to cultivate a greater number of meaningful, trusting and respectful relationships
- to regularly donate to charities and organizations that help Indigenous communities in Canada
Dr. Robert Joseph says “At the heart of reconciliation is love.” I couldn’t agree more. If authentic and meaningful reconciliation is important to you, and I very much hope that it is, what will you commit to today? If you are looking for some inspiration – check out this incredible list. I’d love to hear from you.
love & pranams,
Note: The image above is a Bentwood Box carved by Coast Salish artist Luke Marston. The TRC (Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada) Bentwood Box is a lasting tribute to all Indian residential school survivors. It is located at the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation at the University of Manitoba.
I really needed to hear this today. Maybe you did too.
I have come to drag you out of yourself,
and take you in my heart.
I have come to bring out the beauty you never knew you had
and lift you like a prayer to the sky.
love & pranams,
For many years I felt completely disconnected from my body and if I am honest, most probably from my heart as well. I have always been highly sensitive, an empath who can feel things intensely and deeply. But in the past it often felt as if I understood life around me much more than I ever understood myself. I struggled to make a meaningful connection between my body, mind, heart and spirit.
And I felt very much alone – it was as if everyone around me had figured out the secret to wholeness except me.
Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. For generations women have been culturally programmed to elevate the mind over the body, to feel less and think more and to uphold and venerate the masculine in everything we do. Appearing on the outside to be deeply satisfied by the many opportunities that modern life affords, but on the inside crying out for more feminine wisdom, authenticity, wildness and fulfilment.
So how was I able to change?
It was and continues to be a slow process of remembering, forgetting and remembering again.
I have sought out teachers, the holders of earth based feminine wisdom. I have practiced using sacred tools that have helped remap the connection to my body. I have catalyzed my awareness of the power contained within each soul phase of my journey as a woman. I have discovered that the feminine and sexuality are vehicles for expanding consciousness. I have breathed thousands of breaths infused with awareness.
And most importantly, I have intentionally connected with my sisters – coming from all ages and backgrounds, into a wise and awakened community. It is here that I have discovered that I am not alone. That there are so many others seeking and that in community we can hold space for one another to journey and expand together.
Maybe my story resonates with you. Maybe you are also a seeker on this path. If you are looking to step into your birthright, to join into a sisterhood of like-minded women and reclaim your sacred feminine power, I would love for you to join me:
If there is something in you wanting more, asking to be heard and realized, I encourage you to heed the call and seek that which you desire. I would be most honoured to help be your guide on this journey. And of you aren’t sure how to make a retreat a reality, contact me and let’s figure it out together.
“When sleeping women wake, mountains move.” ~ Ancient Chinese Proverb
love & pranams,